Third Party Software Resource – EdAlive Central Offering
Access all 5 of EdAlive Central online learning websites at no cost to your school until 31st December 2020 through the DoE’s “Leading Educational Continuity” initiative.
EdAlive Central is a suite of online learning websites developed by a respected publisher of quality educational technology with more than 30 years’ experience. Its goal is to deliver exceptional educational content based directly on relevant curricula using simple to use websites.
EdAlive boasts more than 17,000 fun and engaging educational activities across four subject areas: Maths (Maths Invaders & Baggin’ The Dragon Maths), Word Skills (Words Rock), Reading (Volcanic Panic Reading) and Typing (Typing Tournament). All content embodies carefully structured learning sequences and progressions and uses EdAlive’s innovative Mastery Learning and automated Adaptive Learning systems to optimise learning for each student.
All resources presented by EdAlive are created by a team of highly experienced educators and are subject to a rigorous academic review process. The quality and effectiveness of these resources is highlighted by 60 major awards and endorsements received since the organisation’s inception in 1986, making it one of the most awarded publishers of educational technology in the world.
To order EdAlive Central at no cost to your school
Login to your NSW DoE Staff Portal and use this direct link: DoE Staff Portal – Third Party SoftwareOR search for “Third Party Software” and select the “Leading Educational Continuity Third Party Software” result.
- Scroll down to the “Third party vendors and order forms” section.
- Select the entry for “EdAlive Central” and click on the “EdAlive Central student licence order form” link at the bottom of the product description.
- Complete the order form with your school’s details and click “Submit Order”.
The Old EdAlive CD titles are now End of Life
After many years of robust service and technical support, the EdAlive installable software titles are now End of Life in line with Microsoft and Apple’s Operating System life-cycles. We strongly recommend that NSW DoE schools use the opportunity created by the DoE sponsorship of EdAlive’s new cloud-based versions to start the process of migrating from the old CD titles to the new online versions.
Learn More About The EdAlive Central Website Apps Included in Your Subscription…
A complete, 10-finger typing course
- Ages 6 to Adult
- Jump right in at your existing skill level
- Progressively introduces the whole keyboard
- Progress at your own pace through 128 Lessons, Games & Drills
- Highly motivational medieval tournament theme
- Powerful class management tools that save teachers time
- Actively promotes the use of the right fingers on the right keys
The mastery learning system designed to build comprehensive maths processing power, maths fact fluency and automaticity.
- Ages 5 to 15 and beyond!
- Times Tables • Addition • Subtraction • Multiplication • Division • Fractions • Decimals • Percentages • Numeration • Counting • Squares • Square Roots • Powers • Directed Numbers and more!
- Individualised instruction for every student
- Essential numeracy skills for every child’s success
The comprehensive literacy programme with automated Adaptive Learning that systematically builds word skills and explores the richness of the English language.
- Ages 5 to 15 and beyond!
- Interactive activities in vocabulary, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and pre-literacy
- A carefully crafted question progression that delves into the nitty-gritty of growing word-smart kids
The expansive maths programme that harnesses the power of automated Adaptive Learning to build solid maths foundations and transform each student into a mathematical thinker and problem solver.
- Ages 5 to 15 and beyond.
- 10,000+ Interactive maths Questions covering over 90% of the maths curriculum.
- Carefully crafted Question progressions that grow mathematical thinkers.
The phoenemic and text-based approach to reading that uses Integrated Speech and sound support, going beyond phonics to establish reading foundations, develop fully rounded readers and grow a love of reading and cultivate comprehension power.
- Ages 4 to 15
- The Questions progressively cover all the essential reading skills and concepts and explore a wealth of differing text types
- Reading readiness, phoneme/grapheme corresponsese, sounds to letter correspondences, vocabulary building, reading for life and pleasure